Welcome to our eGuides!
What are you looking for help with? Use the buttons below to find the right eGuide for you.
Using Electronic Resources
Explore the resources below to find out how to make the most of electronic resources for your research:
Help with study skills
The Library has a collection of over 80 books in its study guides collection, covering all kinds of topics – from CV-writing to speed reading via exam technique. Search for “Sg” on the catalogue to see a full list.
However, there are also eGuides below that you can access. Do you need some pointers on referencing? Are you struggling to manage your time effectively? Or do you simply want to find a good place in Cambridge to study? Explore the resources below to find out more:
- Bibliographic Information Sources – how to find things to read for your research when you don’t have a reading list.
- Citing References
- Managing References
- Time Management
- CamGuides - sets of resources for students beginning undergraduate, or taught Master's, degrees at the University of Cambridge.
- Spacefinder - a tool that helps you find study spaces in locations all over Cambridge. Please note that due to the implications of COVID-19, Spacefinder is currently being used primarily to provide information on library spaces in Cambridge (normally it would show all sorts of other relevant venues).
Subject specific eGuides
We’re currently updating our own eGuides, which will be arriving here soon, but you should find all kinds of relevant resources for your subject in the list of LibGuides below. LibGuides are subject-specific guides which list all sorts of resources that might be relevant to you and your studies. LibGuides are frequently updated, which means that you’ll have access to the most current information in your subject. LibGuides can include:
- Printed items (i.e. books and journals)
- Ebooks, ejournals and databases
- Bibliographies and encyclopaedias
- Audio-visual material (i.e. films, podcasts, etc.)
- Archives and special collections
- Useful websites or web portals
- Other helpful information, such as details about your Faculty or Departmental Library and Librarian
- Study skills help, such as referencing guides
List of LibGuides by subject
You can always browse the Cambridge University LibGuide collection yourself; but below is a list of LibGuides by subject.