We can offer postgraduate students requiring single-occupancy accommodation a room for the duration of their studies. Residence fees are fixed so do not change for the duration of your course - no inflation or other increases. Heat, light, power, internet, and contents insurance are all included - there are no hidden extras.
There are two accommodation areas available for postgraduate students requiring single-occupancy accommodation for the 2022/2023 academic year - Swirles Court where most postgraduates reside, and, added this year, The Grange on the Main College site. We also have a small selection of properties for couples and students with children.
The standard tenancy is 49 weeks, from 24 September until 31 August. Shorter tenancies, related to course length, are available by arrangement at the outset for students on courses that end before August. The shortest tenancy ends 15 July. In certain circumstances, including if the student is continuing to the following year, their tenancy can be extended to 52 weeks.
Swirles Court consists of 325 single state-of-the-art en-suite study bedrooms with kitchen facilities shared between 4 to 8 students. Swirles Court is the primary accommodation area for Girton’s postgraduates and is located in Eddington, West Cambridge, easily accessible to both central Cambridge and the Main College site.
The Grange is a large house on the Main College site that comprises 12 standard rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Family and Couple Accommodation
The College also has a range of family/couple accommodation. The properties range from 1 to 3 bedrooms and are self-contained with their own kitchen, bathroom and living room with study facilities. They are located on or close to the main College site and are walking/cycling distance from Swirles Court.
The Application and Allocation Process
- Please apply for accommodation as soon as you receive an offer of a place at Girton by completing the application form here.
- Priority will be given to students who apply for accommodation and meet all of their course offer conditions by 31 July 2022.
- Please apply for a room by 30 June 2022 by completing the form here.
- Current Postgraduates will be able to apply for rooms in Swirles Court as individuals or in groups of four to eight students. If students apply in groups, as far as possible, we will try to keep the groups together, however, due to the size of flats, groups may be split up or be accommodated with other groups or individuals.
- If you are renewing your tenancy you will be able to remain in your accommodation for the full 52 weeks and will not be required to move out in September.
- Accommodation will be allocated from August onwards for new postgraduates and from July for current / continuing postgraduates.
- Offers of accommodation will be emailed to the email address provided on your accommodation application form so if this changes please email: email@example.com
- Accommodation will have students from a mixture of courses and nationalities within each household. Accommodation is usually mixed genders but we may be able to provide single sex accommodation depending upon demand.
- We expect to be able to offer a room to all applicants who request single-occupancy accommodation. Couple and family accommodation priorities can be found at: Family and Couple accommodation.