To save time, start managing your references at the start of your research. If you leave it to the last minute it will take longer and you are more likely to make mistakes. To help with the process you can use a reference management tool. This will enable you to:
- Select a specific referencing style
- Organise references
- Create footnotes and bibliographies
- Import references
- Save articles as PDFs
You may also be able to:
- Annotate articles you have saved
To find out how to reference read our Citing references eGuide. See the Reference Management LibGuide to find you subject guidelines. LibAnswers can help answer your reference questions and you can find reference management training sessions at University of Cambridge Training.
Reference management tools
The LibGuide provides an overview of reference management tools.
A free tool. Helps organise your research and discover the latest research.
A free tool. Automatically senses content in your web browser and can save the bibliographic content.
- Computer Services’ guidance
- Step by step guide to downloading and using Zotero (Faculty of Education)
- Youtube tutorial
- Quick start guide
Cambridge staff and students can create a free online account in Endnote Web.
- Managing your references & bibliographies using EndnoteWeb (Medical Library)
- Computer Services guidance
- Youtube training
- User Guide
A free tool to create basic references. Advanced service RefMe Plus has an additional charge.