Skip to main content

Fees, Maintenance Loans and Grants

For UK, EU and International Undergraduates

Home (UK) Students

Some Government Financial Support is currently available to eligible Home Students. In addition to the student loan to cover your tuition fees, you can also take out a maintenance loan to help with living costs. Part of the maintenance loan isn’t means tested and is available to all students regardless of household income. The rest is means tested, with the level of loan available to you dependent on your household income. This support will vary according to where you’re from in the UK, so make sure to visit the website of your relevant student finance authority. The University provides further guidance here about Student Finance loans  and when household contribution may also be expected. 

In addition to your loan, you can apply to Student Finance if you are eligible for any of the following:

  • Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)
  • Childcare Grant
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance
  • Adult Dependants’ Grant

Further explanation is provided via the link below.

EU/International Students

Financial support for international students is limited and is primarily available via the Cambridge Trusts. Few full undergraduate scholarships are available – most support is a partial contribution and is means tested.

EU, EEA and Swiss students - continuing students who started courses on or before 2020-21 can apply to renew their tuition fee loan here. Students who started after this are no longer eligible.

Financial Support for Undergraduates

Girton College offers a range of financial support to students

Find out more