Terms and Conditions for our 2023 Summer Programmes for University Students
- Girton Summer Programmes are open to university students who will be at least 18 years old by the start of the summer programme.
- Applicants to the programme are expected to have a high level of academic achievement, and normally possess a GPA of at least 3.2 out of 4.0.
- Applicants who are not studying at an English-speaking university will normally need to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The application deadline is 31 March 2023, though as places on the summer programme are filled on a first come, first served basis, early application is strongly advised.
Once offered a place on the summer programme, students will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of £500 to secure their place.
The balance of the summer programme fees is due by 14 April 2023. Failure to pay the balance by this date may result in the summer programme place being offered to another applicant. If you require an extension on this deadline, please email the Summer Programmes team as soon as possible.
If an applicant must cancel their place on the summer programme, the following refunds shall be offered:
- A full refund (excluding the non-refundable deposit), if the place is cancelled by 14 April 2023.
- A 50% refund (excluding the non-refundable deposit), if the place is cancelled by 30 April 2023.
- A 25% refund (excluding the non-refundable deposit), if the place is cancelled by 12 May 2023.
- After 12 May 2023, no refund shall be made.
Please note that any refunds will be made in British Pounds Sterling (GBP), so the amount received in a student’s home currency may be different to what the student originally paid, depending on the current exchange rate at the time the refund is made.
The College will endeavour to provide the academic courses and social programme as described on these web pages. In the unlikely event that an instructor has to withdraw their course due to illness or other exceptional reason, the College will seek to offer a replacement course in the same subject area.
In the unlikely event that, for reasons beyond its control, the College is unable to provide elements of the social programme as described, suitable alternative activities shall be offered.
The College is unable to accept liability for any loss or damage to personal property.
All applicants are strongly advised to take out sufficient travel and medical insurance to cover the duration of the summer school, together with any journey to or from the UK. They should also take out vacation cancellation insurance.
Girton Summer Programmes
I learned so much from my international peers and lecturers that I never would have learned in a traditional Economics course. Would highly recommend to those that hope to learn about Economics in an international light.