Throughout the summer school participants will have the chance to take part in exciting activities across Cambridge, and those attending for the full two weeks will also go on day trips to London and Ely.
Activities in Cambridge
Social activities will be offered on most afternoons and evenings each week. Possible activities might include:
- A guided tour of the extraordinary Pepys Library at Magdalene College
- To see Samuel Pepys’s original diaries and his private collection of books and other documents
- A visit to the King’s College Chapel
- A walk along the River Cam
- To take tea at The Orchard Tea Room at Grantchester
- A visit to the Fitzwilliam museum
- A tour of the University Botanic Garden
Saturday 22 August will be spent in London where there will be the option to join a specially organised tour, together with free time to explore the city’s many sights.
Sunday 23 August will be spent visiting nearby Ely and its magnificent cathedral.