Lifelong learning summer school fees
Fees for attending for two weeks
- Single room with shared bathroom facilities – £2,620
- Single room with private bathroom – £2,850
- Double room with shared bathroom facilities – £2,495 per person
- Double room with private bathroom – £2,650 per person
Fees for attending for one week
- Single room with shared bathroom facilities – £1,320
- Single room with private bathroom – £1,440
- Double room with shared bathroom facilities – £1,250 per person
- Double room with private bathroom – £1,325 per person
Costs included in summer school fees
Accommodation, approximately two meals per day in College, internet access, College facilities, a Formal Dinner each week, an Afternoon Tea, 2 academic courses per week, a series of evening talks and tours (including travel to and from the city centre), and for those attending the two week summer school a day trip to London (transportation & morning tour) and a day trip to Ely (transportation & tour).
Additional costs participants will need to cover
Travel and medical insurance, travel from their home to Girton College, Cambridge, personal travel within Cambridge, approximately one meal per day while in Cambridge, meals and any activity fees in London and Ely, together with any personal expenditure or independent travel.
Paying the fees
Once your place on the summer school has been confirmed you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure your place. The deposit is £500 for those attending for the full two weeks, and £250 for those attending for just one week. The final balance of the summer school fees will then be due by 26 June 2020.
Payment instructions will be provided in the email confirming your place on the summer school.