Page updated: 21 September 2022
Bridging Webinars (invitations have been emailed):
- Wednesday 7 September - Welcome to Girton
- Wednesday 14 September - Financial Welfare
- Wednesday 21 September - Library and Cambridge Resources
- Wednesday 28 September - Accommodation and Arrival
Freshers' Week Timetable - NEW
- Girton Freshers' Week 2022 (1-10 October 2022)
All new students are required to provide original documentation in person to confirm their identity. Students must present documentation that proves their identity and the following is the acceptable documentation for proof of identity. It must be the original documentation and must be presented by you in person.
Non-EEA students must present the following:
- a valid passport
EEA and Swiss students must present one of the following documents:
- valid passport
- current National Identity card
Other acceptable forms of ID if either of the above is not available:
- a Registration Certificate, Permanent Residence card or other document certifying permanent residence issued by the UK Home Office
UK students should present:
- a valid UK passport
Other acceptable forms of ID if passport not available:
- Current photo-card driving licence, full or provisional, issued in the UK or Ireland which includes confirmation that the holder was born within the EEA (included next to date of birth on the card. N/K means 'not known' so would not be acceptable)
- A full birth certificate issued by UK authorities, long or short form acceptable. This includes certificates issued in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or Ireland and by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
- Certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British Citizen
If your name on your ID is different to your record, proof of the reason for this will be required, for example a marriage/civil partnership certificate, divorce document, deed poll or adoption certificate. Your name will be updated on our system if necessary.
A Group Photograph will be taken at 8.00am precisely on Wednesday 5 October 2022. You are expected to arrive promptly at 7.45am for 8.00am on the lawn in Emily Davies Court, wearing your gown. In terms of dress, we advise smart-casual (no trainers). You are reminded that this is an official College photograph, which will be preserved in the College Archives.
Individual portraits will take place from 8.30am-11.30am. If you would like to have your portrait taken, you will need to book a timed slot with the photographer which you can here.
Every student who is new to Girton College is invited to meet the Mistress, Dr Elisabeth Kendall, as part of their welcome to Girton. This meeting is mandatory and an appointment will be confirmed via email nearer the time.
Gowns must be worn.