Students from Other Countries

Students from countries outside the UK and EU will be expected to finance themselves for the entirety of their course. Some support is available, but this is usually partial and means-tested.

If you are an International Student you are advised to see the section on the University of Cambridge website forĀ International Students for full details on finance and the cost of the courses we offer as well as the support that is available.

As well as tuition fees and living costs, international students and those who are from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, will also have to pay College Fees. College Fees are paid to the college you are a member of for the range of services and support it offers.

You will need to pay for your accommodation and associated facilities. Details of all these charges are set out in the Girton Community section of the website.

What support does Girton Offer?

The College offers overseas bursaries as part of the support provided by the Cambridge Trusts. Details of how to apply for College Bursaries and those administered by the Cambridge Trusts are automatically sent to all overseas offer holders in late January.

  • Students who experience financial problems during their time at Girton can apply for financial help from the College Tutorial Hardship funds which can offer either small grants or larger low-interest loans.
  • College travel grants are made via an annual competition and travel or educational value in the widest sense in the long vacation. About 30 awards are made each year.
  • Girton offers a wide range of Music Awards. In addition to the Organ and Choral Scholarships awarded on entry to the College, Girton offers University Instrumental Awards, College Instrumental Awards and College Choral Exhibitions to students already in residence.
  • Scholarships and prizes are awarded by the College for First Class results in University examinations.


Tutorial and Admissions Office
+44 (0)1223 338972