Information about our 2021 Online Summer Programmes
Our online summer programmes in Business, Economics and Engineering give ambitious students the extraordinary opportunity to experience Cambridge student life in the context of online programmes specifically designed for high-achieving university students.
Founded in 1869 Girton College is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. The College’s beautiful buildings and spacious grounds are located just outside the city centre, and Girton is well known for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Find out more online programme details here:
Although our summer programmes will be online this year, we will help participants appreciate and experience Cambridge through some special events.
These will include:
- A series of guest talks covering topics on Cambridge research or general interest.
- Online social events with Cambridge students.
- A talk on the distinctive Cambridge student experience and the graduate study application process, by a recent Cambridge graduate student.
- A Girton Watch Party, to give students the opportunity to see some short films showing Girton’s beautiful grounds and celebrating Girton’s powerful history.
At the end of the programme students will receive a summer programme transcript and Certificate of Participation.
The fee for the Business, Economics and Engineering four-week online summer programmes is £1,950.
This fee includes:
- The academic course, comprising a minimum of 45 hours of contact time.
- Access to course materials through Moodle, the University of Cambridge VLE.
- A series of guest talks on topics of general Cambridge interest.
- A summer programme transcript and Certificate of Participation.
Application & Payment deadlines
- Girton Summer Programmes are open to university students who will be at least 18 years old by the start of the summer programme.
- The application deadline is 15 May 2021, though as places on the summer programme are filled on a first come, first served basis, early application is strongly advised.
- Once offered a place on the summer programme, students will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of £500 to secure their place.
- The balance of the summer programme fees is due by 1 June 2021. Failure to pay the balance by this date may result in the summer programme place being offered to another applicant.
Cancellation and refund policy
If an applicant must cancel their place on the summer programme, the following refunds shall be offered:
- A full refund (excluding the non-refundable deposit), if the place is cancelled by 1 June 2021.
- After 1 June 2021, no refund shall be made.
The College will endeavour to provide the academic courses as described on these web pages. In the unlikely event that an instructor has to withdraw their course due to illness or other exceptional reason, the College will seek to offer a replacement course in the same subject area.
In submitting an application to attend and online Girton College Summer Programme, applicants agree to abide by the College rules.
For information on academic content of the summer programmes, please click on the programme title:
Hao Guang, Singapore
Girton Summer Programmes
This program provided not only a holistic approach to studying Economics, but a platform for me to interact and build a rapport with friends from different countries, predispositions and experiences; truly a great way to spend the summer!