Academic & Research Vacancies
College Lectureship and Fellowship in Medicine
Applications are invited for appointment to a College Lectureship in Medicine together with a Fellowship at Girton College. The appointee will be expected to deliver supervisions in a core undergraduate medical subject, and in due course the Fellow would be expected to take on some Directing of Studies. In addition, the Fellow would be expected to make additional contribution to the life of the college and offer skills and interests that would complement the current medical provision at Girton College.
This post would be especially suitable for somebody at early career development stage, such as at Clinician Scientist/Clinical Lecturer level. The appointee should be medically qualified, hold full registration and a license to practice with the General Medical Council, and a substantive NHS post.
The appointee would be expected to deliver four to six hours of college teaching, or equivalent per week during the twenty weeks of teaching per academic year. The stipend payable will be on the College spine for Lecturers, starting from £4,126 per annum for four hours per week, or £6,188 per annum for six hours per week and is pensionable under USS. Experience and qualifications will determine the lecturer’s starting point on the scale. There is an additional stipend of £155.43 per student per year (pensionable) for Direction of Studies.
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a CV naming two referees and a covering letter detailing how you would contribute to college teaching and the medical community at Girton to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of current employment and remuneration should also be included in your covering letter.
- Closing date for applications: 12 noon Wednesday 26 May 2021.
- For further informal discussions about this post please contact Dr Fiona Cooke on email@example.com or Dr Charlie Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description (PDF)
- Please note the College has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK
- The College is an Equal Opportunities employer encouraging diversity and inclusion
- Interviews are expected to be held on 11 June 2021.