Administrative & Support Vacancies
We are seeking an Electrician to join our team of skilled craftspeople. The Electrician is responsible for the running of all the College’s electrical systems and will be required to oversee the efficient upkeep and maintenance of all equipment and associated works related to the electrical services.
The successful candidate will provide day-to-day operational supervision of the Maintenance department in the absence of the Maintenance & Contracts Manager. You will hold a recognised qualification in Electrical Installation (BS2380) e.g., through the apprenticeship route or achievement of an NVQ Level 2 in the Electrical Field and must possess a recognised qualification in Testing and Inspection (BS2391). You must also have good IT and communication skills and be self-motivated.
You will be required to participate in an on-call rota, working some evenings and weekends, and will receive additional payment for this.
We offer 34 days annual leave (pro-rata), free on-site parking, free use of gym and swimming pool, priority places at a local nursery plus other benefits commensurate with working for a large Cambridge University College.
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match the person specification to email@example.com
- If you require additional information or support, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description (PDF)
- Please note the College has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Applications will be considered as they are received. We reserve the right to close this advert if a suitable applicant is found.
- The College is an Equal Opportunities employer encouraging diversity and inclusion.
- If you would like more information about the role, you may contact the Maintenance & Contracts Manager on 07500 883573.